What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X

BamBam49

I'm New Here
Hi all,

Just looking into digital avionics at the minute while I?m planning my build. I?ve taken interest in the Garmin G3X, it seems sleek and user friendly.

How have you guys found it who use it?

Also what set ups do you run?

WXR, engine management, radios, traffic, terrain?

I love it!

Dual G3X Touch w/GTN-625, dual remote comms, GAD-27, GTX-345R.

RV-14A, IO-390.

Love the integration, powerful.

What do I love most? The fantastic support I get from SteinAir and Garmin, those guys rock!

G3X is great

I upgraded to a full Garmin suite about 18 months ago and love it. The seamless integration of all the components makes the system easy to use and the support is great.

I have dual G3X Touch (10") displays, GTN 750, GMC 307 AP controller, G5 backup, their latest ADSB in/out remote transponder, panel mounted audio, remote Comm 2, full engine package, AOA and I may be forgetting something.

Ricks panel:
IMG_7408-650.jpg

The round AS ind had been replaced with a G5

I love my dual screen setup and completely agree on the support comment. I really like being able to send an email to the g3xpert guys and get an almost instant response. I did a retrofit to my all Steam and vacuum panel and it wasn't all that bad and I don't necessarily enjoy doing electrical stuff, but I do prefer it to fiberglass! ;)

p.s I plan to do a very similar panel as my RV-6 on the RV-10 when I get to that point.

Jim

Back