What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quiet Technologies Halo Pirep:

The owner of the company that builds the Halo is an Audiologist. I ran with the theory that the ear tips are from that industry.

Do some searching on Google for:
Eartip E-A-Rlink
3M makes them, and they can be purchased on Ebay.

Currently, I'm trying to locate where to buy the speaker driver used on the Halo. I want to use it on another project.

I built a DIY version that's been referenced here before. You can see it at Cozy1200.com

I bought two Halos several years ago and love them. More streamlined than my DIY set.

Hello Drew. I see your location puts you in Australia now? Any way, you came out to my house about 10 years ago where we were building 2 Cozy MKIV's in Howell MI. I sold mine to my brother-in-laws Partner, Thane. You probably remember by BL named Mike. A real character. Thanes been flying the Cozy about 6 years now. The other one, well,,,,,,,,,,.

Buying QT Halo online from factory

I own and use a Quiet Technologies Halo headset. I absolutely love them and want a second set.

Recently I went to the website to purchase another Halo headset but found they will not except an online order. I called and spoke with the owner and he said he is out of stock and doesnt take back orders. Apparently he makes them in lots of 30 or so and then opens the website up for orders on specific days, I believe he said to try and buy them on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I've tried everyday this past week but no joy.

Anyone have recent experience buying Halo's from the factory? Would you care to share your experience? What day/time did you order?

Thanks,

Charlie

I bought one from them about three months ago. All you can do is check the web site every evening. Whenever they have new units ready for sale they put them up at the end of their work day. It could be any day of the week.

Zulu 3s disappointing

I just traded up my original Zulus for the new Zulu 3s.

To qualify my comments I had my hearing significantly affected by radiation treatment a couple of years ago. As a result I have tinnitus and am sensitive to loud noise.

I was really looking forward to the new Zulus and the "quiet". After 6 hours on the new headset I am regretting my purchase and looking to make a change.

I find the Zulu 3 is just too noisy and allows frequent rumbling at the slightest movement of my head. They, quite literally, are driving me crazy.

FYI - yes I fit them properly every time, no I don't wear a hat and my eyeglasses have the thinnest and very flexible frames.

To be fair, I believe it is my damaged ears that are the source of my problems and not the Zulus.

I have to try something else and am now considering Halos or CA's.

I was wondering if anyone had similar ear problems to mine and might have some thoughts on this?

Back