What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RE: Battery PC680 ?????

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: Battery PC680 ?????

Where have you folks found the best buy for the Odessey PC680 Battery. I have checked all my local suppliers and have come up with, "what is that" to '"oh yea we can order that in for ..oh...somewhere...on the south side of $135.00....plus shipping of course".:eek:

Also I have been bragging that I am 95% done with about 120% to go. That was until I started my three day project to install the baffling which is now in its 8th day. So I am still 95% done with about 200% to go!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Frank @ SGU RV7A baffled by the baffling

You might look at the Odessey 625 battery. They are nearly the same size as the 680, are of the same type construction and have more capacity. I got one on sale at a local battery shop for $75. They typically go in Harleys and certain rice rockets.

Alan

You might look at the Odessey 625 battery. They are nearly the same size as the 680, are of the same type construction and have more capacity. I got one on sale at a local battery shop for $75. They typically go in Harleys and certain rice rockets.

Alan

Alan, just looked up both batteries on the Odyssey site. The 625 is almost an inch wider and 1/3" higher. If someone has already put the PC680 battery box on their firewall, I'm not sure the 625 would fit (not saying it wouldn't, just that the inch additional in depth PROBABLY would not allow it to fit). It IS lighter by 1.7 lbs, but the 680 is more powerful with 680/595/525 cranking amps compared to the 625's 625/545/480 cranking amps.

Check out batteries4everything.com. They used to be the cheapest around.

Good luck and if you find a cheaper place please let me know!

Jim (JAT)

I got one at Batteries Plus for $125 a couple of months ago. Could have gotten it cheaper online but didn't have to pay for shipping and didn't have to wait for it.

Done Deal

I finally after more research and your help decided to buy from Van's. They seem to have the best price. Yea I know shipping.......I had to buy a couple of botched baffle parts so just added the battery to the purchase. I told Brandy (new to the order depart. at Van's) that the purchase of these extra parts made it offical................I have now bought twice plus at least 25% of all the parts needed to compete the airfarme/FWF............:eek:.........at least it feels that way. I now concede that baffling is baffling BUT I WILL PREVIAL.........:D.............

Stay Tuned as I am 95% done with 199% to go:rolleyes:

Frank@ SGU RV7A BAFFLING

Odyssey Best Buy

Can't remember the dealer's name but I bought my 680 on Ebay for $90 and free shipping. Much better deal than Van's when they charge a minimum $4 handling fee plus shipping.
The first battery I received was damaged and they sent a free replacement immediately!
Shop around!

Will the Metal jacket fit?

Will the metal jacket model PC680MJT-P fit in van's battery box? I've been using the non metal jacket up until this point. The diminsions show it to be 1/4" wider than the non MJ.

RE:Thanks

Can't remember the dealer's name but I bought my 680 on Ebay for $90 and free shipping. Much better deal than Van's when they charge a minimum $4 handling fee plus shipping.
The first battery I received was damaged and they sent a free replacement immediately!
Shop around!

Mike
Thanks ....I will remember this for the future purchase of battery as needed

Frank @ SGU RV7A

Back