What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon AP Trim Speed

Tacco

Well Known Member
With the Dynon AP Control Panel installed, my trim tab speed is about twice as fast as ?normal?. 15 seconds versus 25-30 seconds stop to stop. I understand the reasons for this. My question is does anyone find that too sensitive when manually trimming the aircraft.

With the Dynon AP Control Panel installed, my trim tab speed is about twice as fast as ?normal?. 15 seconds versus 25-30 seconds stop to stop. I understand the reasons for this. My question is does anyone find that too sensitive when manually trimming the aircraft.

I surely would.

The Dynon trim speed profile can be adjusted in the set-up menu

Scott, do you have any recommendations for speed settings to use?

Like Marty said, set up the cruise speed trim rate to be no more than the standard 30 seconds limit / limit.
If you wish to use a variable trim rate setting 100% for speeds below about 70 Kts and minimum rate for any speed above about 90 kts seems to work well.

I thought Dynon had trim speed based on IAS. In other words... in cruise, the trim was very slow so it isn't sensitive and at slower pattern speeds the trim is faster because you need more trim deflection in a short amount of time.

Oooops... Scott and I typing at same time ^^^^

First flight complete. I set the trim speed as Scott suggested above. Felt good slow and fast air speeds.

Back