What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 accident in Maine?

MSFT-1

Well Known Member
My dad (in Maine) and I were chatting this morning and he mentioned that there had been two aircraft accidents in Maine over the weekend. The first was a crash of a YAK52 that made the news. He said the second involved an RV-8. I didn't see anything about the second one the web so I thought I would ask here.

Anyone hear anything?

I live about 10 minutes from the accident with the yak happened, but I have not heard anything about an rv accident. The yak accident like most accidents was very sad, the pilot was one our very GA friendly ATC controllers and left a family behind. Things like this shake my resolve to finish my plane.

I live about 10 minutes from the accident with the yak happened, but I have not heard anything about an rv accident. The yak accident like most accidents was very sad, the pilot was one our very GA friendly ATC controllers and left a family behind. Things like this shake my resolve to finish my plane.

Bob - was that one of the KPWM controllers? I remember seeing a Yak on the GA ramp when I was getting my PPL there in '02. And yes they were very GA friendly.

Yes he was one of the controllers at portland. it is and I hope stays a very GA friendly place to fly. Today in Maine we have our flags at half mast to honor the very experienced vet that was giving Mark his BFR when they crashed.

Back