What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Simple Fuel guages

findane

I'm looking for a simple fuel guage for my 9A. I have the standard Van's resistive float sensors. I currently have the sensors connected to an EIS but I have to scroll through several pages to get the fuel quantities. I would like a simple guage always showing fuel quantity. Has anyone had experience with the Electronics International guage that Van's sells.

I have the EI fuel gauges in my 8, they work fairly well, no gauge is perfect.
The best thing I have though is the 'red cube' fuel transducer and an accurately calibrated wood stick, know your plane know yr FF and relax enjoy the ride :)

if I were building the tanks again, I'd rivet or drill a series of marks to the rib just inboard of the fuel filler, which is visible when you remove the cap, then you could see just how much fuel is in the tank at preflight by correlating the marks to gallons

I'm using Vans fuel gauges and they work as well as can be expected. I also know my well so I keep track of flight time since I refueled.

Back