What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carb overhaul

rvator9a

Well Known Member
I would like to overhaul the carb for my o-290 it has a ma3-spa, does anyone know if there is a kit available that would contain all the parts needed or do I need to order them individually.

Coming to Maine

Bob,

Sorry, I don't know if there is a kit available for the ma3-spa. If I find any information I will let you know.

On a different note.....I will be coming to Portland, ME on a business trip during the week of Aug 24th and noticed that you are close by. Are you building a 9?

My wife and I are stoked for a Maine Lobster and some Seafood. Can you recommend any seafood restaurants that are your favorites as well as must see locations. I've never been to Maine. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed
RV9A Airframe 75% and 160% to go
N542A Reserved

Ok not a lot of luck with that question, so I have another one. I have a new Kelly aerospace float kit that I purchased from spruce, it is a brass soldered float. is it OK to use or do I need to get the smurf blue plastic float?

Kelly float is A OK in my books

Bob,

See the previous threads that discuss the Smurf blue floats, and Kelly brass floats. The Kelly brass float is not affected by the Volare SB, even though Volare wants to claim that it is. Read the SB from Kelly. Make your own decision.

Carb Float SB (
multipage.gif
1 2 3)

Lean Carburator R&D - thinking out loud (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Engine OUT!! (
multipage.gif
1 2 3)

SB for Marvel-Schebler, Facet, Precision, Volare Carburetors (
multipage.gif
1 2)

Tempest is working on it

I spoke with the folks at the Tempest booth. There is a gentlemen working on simplifying the parts list. He explained there are about 10 parts common to many of the units and will soon have an easier to work with rebuild kit system.

Back