What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL-82 install tool question

AN23

Well Known Member
Downloaded install tool multiple times. Each time, when I try to begin install config and ground checkout, all I see is a screen that says ?Modify Setup? and offers the option to repair or close. Tried ?repair? and it just eventually says ?repaired? and closes the program. What am I not understanding or is there a problem with the program?

I'm getting the same gdl82 install problem, it keeps wanting to repair the program ...what was the solution?

Try opening the GTX program from the Microsoft pull down menu and not from the desktop shortcut.

I'm getting the same gdl82 install problem, it keeps wanting to repair the program ...what was the solution?
Hello Jake,

We helped one customer who was trying to "run" the GDL 8X Install Tool from the "Apps and Features" section of Windows 10, and was only ever getting options to Repair or Uninstall the PC tool. This is normal when selecting an application this way within Windows.

Make sure you left click on the Windows start menu (lower-left corner of the taskbar) and find the GDL 8X Install Tool inside the Garmin list on your start menu.

You can also type "GDL" in the Search Windows area next to the start menu button to find and launch it quickly.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks, working now...I'm still using Windows 7 so had to find the Garmin folder to launch it

Back