What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake reservoir t fitting

Mevans

Hi,

Below is a pic of the brake reservoir t fitting that came with my -6 finish kit, it is not like the plans one, it looks like the plastic tubing just slides in with no plastic nuts, is that correct?

Matt

image_zpsjkst1jlx.jpeg

Sent from my iPad

I did not use the plastic lines for brakes on mine but that type fitting is used on the pitot/static/AOA lines.

Mine was the standard plastic compression fitting. However, the one pictured should work, assuming the material is rated for petroleum based products. There is no pressure on that fitting. Some push to connect fittings are only rated for air, but those are usually all plastic. If Van's supplied it, I am sure it is properly rated.

Yes, with PTC, you just push in the tube to the stop. Just be sure to cut the end at a 90* angle and trim off any plastic fragments.
Larry

Last edited:
Hi,
Below is a pic of the brake reservoir t fitting that came with my -6 finish kit, it is not like the plans one, it looks like the plastic tubing just slides in with no plastic nuts, is that correct?
Matt

Sent from my iPad

I buggered my plastic compression tee threads so will be ordering a new tee also. As far as I can tell those are the new ones being supplied by Van's in the -12 and -14 kits (others?). It's part #FLF-0004 ($6). Picture below and FYI instructions for installation of the compression fittings.

RV-14_BRAKE%2BFLF-0004.jpg

comp%2Bfitting%2Binstructions07232016_0000.jpg

I wonder if they have used the 90 elbow (1/4tube-18pipe #FLF-0007) variant for the original upper compression type? I'm using the compression since its what I have but curious to see if anyone used one on their build?

Last edited:
I buggered my plastic compression tee threads so will be ordering a new tee also. As far as I can tell those are the new ones being supplied by Van's in the -12 and -14 kits (others?). It's part #FLF-0004 ($6). Picture below and FYI instructions for installation of the compression fittings.

RV-14_BRAKE%2BFLF-0004.jpg

comp%2Bfitting%2Binstructions07232016_0000.jpg

I wonder if they have used the 90 elbow (1/4tube-18pipe #FLF-0007) variant for the original upper compression type? I'm using the compression since its what I have but curious to see if anyone used one on their build?

The two drawings you linked are not the same part.
I would recommend you use the FLF-0004.

The two drawings you linked are not the same part.
I would recommend you use the FLF-0004.

Thanks for the clarification and recommendation Scott. I did not delare they where the same part. Just posting the original tee (F271-N-04X02 compression fitting pictured in instructions) and the newer (FLF-0004) in top photo for comparison.

Ok, now I think I understand.

The compression fittings are still being spec'ed on the top of the cyl. Because of the amount of flexing the lines have to do at that location.

Back