I Have built and now fly a RV-7 in France.
Here is what I can tell you:
- Inspection during build: Yes, one before closing the wings, one before 1st flight
- If yes inspecting authority: OSAC https://www.osac.aero/index.php
- final check for airworthiness by whom:same as above
You must first open a file with OSAC (delegated by the French DGAC for homebuilts amongst other things) and to obtain a file number and if you whish to reserve your registration marks.
- Basic instruction allowed on EAB? Yes Restrictions? I don't know...
- VFR by night allowed?Normally no
- if yes, requirements? Very complicated to obtain, must demonstrate to the authority that the equipment and systems are compliant
- IFR allowed Normally no, same as above
- If yes, requirements? Same as above
- Does the regulation state you have to avoid polulated/ build-up areas? No
- Can the builder perform maintenance? Yes
- Can non-builder perform maintenance? Initially no, yes after meeting certain requirements
- Can builder sign-off inspections or annuals? Yes
- Can non-builder sign-off annuals? Initially no, yes after meeting certain requirements
- can you import half finished kits from the US or other EU states? NO
- can you import finished aircrafts from the US or other EU states? NO
I would be very thankfull if I could receive any relevant documents:
Contact the Vans Club de France for further info http://vansclubdefrance.fr/index.html
We have our annual fly-in on 14-15-16 June, in Pont sur Yonne near Paris. I suggest you come and talk to us it's a great week end:http://vansclubdefrance.fr/fly-in-pont-sur-yonne.html
Pre-registration is recommended if you whish to come.