What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airbox va-130 or va-131

mikerkba

Well Known Member
I have wear on the airbox for my RV8A carburated 0-360. The Vans website has a VA-130 and VA-131, but no photos or application information. My plans dont show a part number and I can't find on on the part (looked at annual before reinstalling).
Anyone know the difference between these two. Van's parts department can probably help in the morning, but thought I'd ask here in case there are other pros/cons to the choice.
I appreciate any advice.

I have wear on the airbox for my RV8A carburated 0-360. The Vans website has a VA-130 and VA-131, but no photos or application information. My plans dont show a part number and I can't find on on the part (looked at annual before reinstalling).
Anyone know the difference between these two. Van's parts department can probably help in the morning, but thought I'd ask here in case there are other pros/cons to the choice.
I appreciate any advice.

?.The 130 is for carb & the 131 is for fuel injected inlet flange. Thanks, Allan:D

O-320 vs O-360

Vans support tells me that the VA-130 is for the O-320 engine and the VA-131 is for the O-360 engine. So, I need the 131. Components (the fiberglas airbox, the mounting plate and the top plate) can be purchased separately for that assembly.

These are for carburetor engines. Neither the 130 or 131 assemblies are intended for fuel injected systems.

Back