VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-08-2019, 10:14 AM

Default 430W, SV-Com, SV-Intercom

For those that have installed a 430W, Dynon SV-Com-25, and the Dynon SV-Intercom, do you have an audio panel of any kind or just a transmit switch to go select between which is transmitting?

Thanks,
Brant
P-51, RV-8, 90A, S1
ATP, A&P, IA
Dues Gladly Paid
Old 10-08-2019, 11:28 AM

A pma4000 from PS-engineering is, from my perspective, the best option. Will enable you to switch between the 2 COMs and switch on/off the NAV of the 430 as well as having a music input.

Last edited by Mike S : 10-08-2019 at 11:46 AM. Reason: remove prohibited content
Old 10-08-2019, 01:48 PM

I have a 420W, SL30, and home built intercom with lots of unswitched inputs tied to nav, both coms, music, etc. Plus one switch to switch mike and PTT between com radios. I ‘switch’ com receivers, nav audio, music, etc, with their volume controls. Works fine for me.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:40 PM

Default Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by p51dplt View Post
For those that have installed a 430W, Dynon SV-Com-25, and the Dynon SV-Intercom, do you have an audio panel of any kind or just a transmit switch to go select between which is transmitting?

Thanks,
Brant
Brant,

I did two installs in Lansairs 360's with the 430W, SV-COM and the SV Intercom and both just have a switch to select which comm to transmit on. It would be better to use an audio panel than the Dynon Intercom, but it will work.

Brian