VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Default madison and Shawano

The Jet Room at the FBO in Madison (Dane County) has excellant breakfast and Lunch. About 200 yards off the field in Shawano is the Launching Pad, nightly specials, and the airport is very scenic next to the lake.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:30 AM

Default Madison, WI (MSN) - Pat O'Malley's Jet Room

I just flew to MSN yesterday (May 31, 2017) to try Pat O'Malley's Jet Room. The food was very good, service was efficient and friendly and the location is great! The FBO is Wisconsin Aviation and they were right there to marshal me into a parking spot right next to the front door. The fuel (100LL) price was more than reasonable considering the location; $4.29/gallon. Also, there was no landing or ramp fee. I was very impressed with the service and facilities.

Last edited by Pmoran : 03-29-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: adding photo
Old 06-01-2017, 08:53 AM

Default Go Go Wisco!

Two kids graduated from UW-Madison and one still lives there. In many trips to Mad-Town, Wisconsin Aviation has never been anything short of wonderful. Same with the Jet Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoran View Post
I just flew to MSN yesterday (May 31, 2017) to try Pat O'Malley's Jet Room. The food was very good, service was efficient and friendly and the location is great! The FBO is Wisconsin Aviation and they were right there to marshal me into a parking spot right next to the front door. The fuel (100LL) price was more than reasonable considering the location; $4.29/gallon. Also, there was no landing or ramp fee. I was very impressed with the service and facilities.

Amateur Plane - RV-9A N789PH - 2050+ Hrs
Amateur Radio - KD0CVN
Doggies Delivered - 25+
St. Paul, MN
Old 06-01-2017, 10:10 AM

9WN2 - Voyager Village as previously mentioned. It has a great golf course, clubhouse, bar and grill/restaurant a couple hundred yards from the tie down area on south end of the runway. A great community and welcoming of pilots. They have fly-in events a couple times a year and I'll post details of the next one. We bought a lake home there three years ago very reasonably.
RV-7, N742GM (Reserved)
http://mykitlog.com/mhead
Donated 7/23/18
Old 06-01-2017, 11:24 AM

Default Wisconsin

3D2, Ephraim-Gibralter airport in upper Door County is great. Scenic area. Two towns nearby with good restaurants may provide rides to get food. The airport association mans a local office and can provide good information and help. There are bicycles to use free. There is self-serve gas as well. A good stop for an RV'er!
Flying Pitts S-2A, Piper Lance
Old 06-14-2017, 08:50 PM

Default Voyager Village

I finally made it to Voyager Village in Northwest Wisconsin on a beautiful Friday morning. Very nice place for a meal. My only concern was while on final a golf cart was moving very close to the runway. Once the golfer saw me, he got back into the cart and quickly moved it further away from the runway.
On departure, two carts just crossed the runway at the far end. The restaurant was very nice and the bar has a great view of the runway and golf course. The course is literally all around the runway, so when walking to/from your plane keep an eye out for golfers hitting towards you. There were tiedowns but no chains or ropes so bring your own if you plan to tie down.
This is a very cool place with great views. Also, RZN airport very close by has great fuel prices.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:55 AM

Palmyra WI (88C) has one of the smoothest grass strips I've been to and about a 100 yard walk to the typical WI family restaurant, Edge of Town Cafe. The business park is right over a berm, pretty awesome to drop in on a client that way.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:07 AM

Default Price County Airport (PBH)

Price County airport next to Phillips, WI is a very nice airport to fly into. There are numerous lakes in the area, with two very close to the airport. The Runways are in good condition and the fuel is very reasonable.
The best part about flying there is the restaurant within an easy less than 5 minute walk from the tie-down area.
The Harbor View Pub & Eatery is located directly overlooking a lake with tables on the deck that make for a wonderful experience.

Last edited by Pmoran : 09-12-2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: having trouble getting photos to post
Old 09-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Links don't work
Old 09-12-2018, 04:00 PM

KJVL- Janesville has a very nice new restaurant on the field (Bessies) open 6AM to 3PM