What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with intermittent Ray Allen Elevator Trim Switch

donwmack

I have electric elevator trim installed with Ray Allen Servo, LED indicator, and rocker switch. I have had several times where the trim stopped responding. The LED indicator never has a problem. I have redone wiring several times at the panel but I am wondering if the rocker switch could be bad. I have done the following tests:

At the tail - Run 9V battery to the servo - It works going up and down - Means the servo is good.

At the tail - running ohms to ground at tail - Wire 1 - full continuity - Wire 2 no continuity

At the tail with power - Up trim I get solid 12V - Down trim I get intermittent from 3-5 volts

At the tail with wire 1&2 crossed - In the cockpit I get full resistance between wire 1 & Wire 2 without pressing the trim switch

I will reach out to Ray Allen as well.

I have had two of them replaced in the past ten years. They just burn out with use. Call them and either buy a whole new switch for the stick or buy the micro switch from them and solder it in yourself.

I have a couple sets of rocker switches and the indicators if interested. Let me know.

Thanks Kurt,

I have a switch on the way.

I hope that fixes it for good or at least until this switch wears out.

Back