VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-27-2019, 11:44 AM

Default WTB: AmeriKing AK451 ELT Remote

Looking to buy the remote module for an AmeriKing 406 ELT. Should have the clear LED that lights green.

Thanks,

Steve Murri
wnplt@yahoo.com
208-841-0075
Old 03-06-2019, 10:50 PM

Steve, I just did an annual inspection on a Cessna 140 with an Ameriking ELT, and the remote switch was missing. I found a few by googling the part number for the remote. They seem to go for about $25 - $50 in wildly varying condition. The remote switch is REQUIRED per the instructions. And... the connecting wire looks like a regular telephone plug, but it has to be cross wired... I.E., the two plugs are 180 degrees apart. If you don't have the wire, you'll need to make one from an existing telephone wire. The crimp tool is about $30 if you can't borrow one. BTW, getting this working is a lot of work for very little. As ELTs go, this one is the worst. An AD note instructors owners to toss them if they require ANY repair at all because they fail to work so often. The easiest thing is to get another ELT. If you're really not ready to go to a 402, ELTs show up on eBay all the time.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:03 PM

thanks I bought a new elt...
Old 03-11-2019, 09:12 PM

That's what my customer probably should have done. They'll likely be buying one soon anyway. Safe flying!

Jerry
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

Default Ameriking 451 Remote

I have 2 Ameriking 451 remotes, part no. 450004. One is new and one was used for a couple of years. I would like $25 each plus shipping in CONUS. I accept PayPal.

Last edited by mfshook62 : Yesterday at 03:13 PM.