What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Governor Control Cable Routing

Louavul

Well Known Member
I'm installing my prop governor control cable; RV-7, O-360, traditional firewall penetration point.

Curious what others have done with the cable as it wanders between the cabin side of the firewall and the panel mount.

Seems like it wants to lay through one of the lightning hole in the rudder pedal support but that rubs the brake lines yet allows a fairly straight run to the firewall. Could install an Adel clamp and run it above the brake lines or maybe at the end of the support which would clear the lines but possibly "shorten" the cable forward of the firewall. Don't have the gov yet to proof cable lengths.

Just wondering what others have done.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Yes it does s curve around. I ended up putting a couple more clamps in various spots to keep it from flopping around and rubbing against anything. If it was about 8 inches shorter it would have been perfect.

Jack

Mine wanted an Adel "out in space" an inch or so above the center rudder pedal bearing support frame.

So, a long bolt, a small Adel and a tube spacer made from aluminum tubing did the duty.

Back