What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SkyView Touch is now shipping / 10.1 software available

Dynon

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Two quick bits of news from us:

First, SkyView Touch is shipping! Full details are over on our Preflight Brief site.

If you have a non-Touch SkyView and are looking to upgrade - we haven't forgotten about you. We're working on the details on the program and will have details soon. To be clear - we're not yet accepting existing SkyView displays for upgrade just yet.

Second - we've just released a small SkyView System Software update. It does not contain any new features, but it does fix several minor software issues that have been discovered since 10.0's release last month. Version 10.1 is available for download on our site. As always, you can see the change log / what's new page for a complete list of the improvements in this release.

Mike Schofield
Marketing Manager

Thanks Mike. I've also noticed that user data is still being divided into multiple files for a single flight. I think I read somewhere that you guys had solved that issue with 10.0, but it's still doing it on my system. Are you getting the same feedback from other Skyview customers?

By the way, I'm loving the new ARINC flight plan display on the Skyview. It's great to be able to see my GTN-650 flight plan on the big screen! The new VNAV is a breath of fresh air too. 10.0 is an excellent update!

Last edited:
No other users have told us that data is being split into multiple files with 10.0, so we believe we have that fixed. I guess time will tell, as we can only figure that one out if we keep getting some complaints.

The log files are split internally as they are made- not as they are copied to the USB stick. So if you have logs from before 10.0 was installed, they will still export as split. Depending on your settings, you could have 100+ flight hours of log files internally so it would take a long time to fly off all the hours from pre-10.0 flights. You can clear all your log files in the menu if you want to start fresh.

Also, logs are split on purpose if you edit some configurations in the system like your EMS configs, since this changes the headers in the log files.

Thanks for the nice words about 10.0!

Back