What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 side view, top view

Can someone help me with detailed drawings (top view, side view) of the 14 to start playing with paint schemes? There is something on the RV14 Vans website yet is quite crude.

Thanks!

I am in the process of getting a 3d model done of the 14 so I can play around with it. I will let you know when it's done and share it around.

progress being made on the 3d model.

2d6pouh.png

RV-14 line drawing

I've made/reworked a line drawing from a CAD file supplied by Van's. I'm using Autocad to generate a PDF file that I convert to a PNG file afterward. This allows for replication of identical drawings having exact same dimensions from one another.

The file I'm generating produces a very high resolution print if you have the mean to print it out to full size (44in x 34in or 6750 x 8750 pixels). Otherwise, you can print out at a reduced scale if necessary. If you PM me, I can send you two files showing side and top view. I can send in PDF format or PNG.

As an example, see below a down sized file of one of the paint scheme I've created. It is 1600 x 700 pixel

RV-14A%20-%20Scheme3%20Model%2010-d%20-%20Copy_zpsu2z84lwq.png

3D model looks like a SketchUp creation. does SketchUp provide a tool to apply bounded color layers to the model's 3d surface?

Any models available?

Hi. Has anyone completed and shared any 3D models for the -14? I'd like to get a copy, as I tried to build one and found it way over my head! Thanks.

Check with Username: Notorious Nate. He's been working on a paint scheme for my 14 for awhile, and has made all the 2D views and a 3D model. He does great work, shoot him a PM.

Last edited:
Back