What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dukes pump died

kaweeka

Well Known Member
My Dukes high pressure electric fuel pump died this weekend. It's the 4140-00-19A. Rated at 35GPH at 21 PSI. I was shocked to see a $1395 price WITH exchange. I had no idea. If anyone has one that is taking up space on their shelf, I would be interested. Also, I saw a Weldon 8163-A high pressure pump for experimental's for $300 on ACS. If anyone has insight as to the difference please tell me. That's a BIG difference in price for what seems like a similar product. There has to be a reason aside from the non-PMA....right?
Dave

Last edited:
$1395 price WITH exchange.

I saw a Weldon 8170-A high pressure pump for experimental's for $300 on ACS.

If anyone has insight as to the difference please tell me.

$1095 of course:D:D

Sorry, just could not resist..........

I have used the Weldon pumps on several airplanes although the part # is 8000A and the price was around $800 they work fine

Also, I saw a Weldon 8163-A high pressure pump for experimental's for $300 on ACS.
Dave

$300 is the core value of the low pressure 8170-A. The core value on the 8163-A is $400. If you send your core, a rebuilt one will cost you $1185 on the ACS website. Weldon makes an excellent pump...

Thanks!
Andrew

Last edited:
Right now, I'm thinking of changing from the Firewall mounted pump and gascolator to the kit from Vans with the AFP setup in front of the fuel selector valve. I have their injection system anyway. Has anyone done this before in a -9A?

David,

I think getting your auxiliary fuel pump off the warm side of the firewall is a good idea.

The Airflow Performance pump is about $390.00 and the filter is super easy to maintain. I have this set up on my RV-8, IO-360, without a gasolator. Works great.

Charlie

David,

I think getting your auxiliary fuel pump off the warm side of the firewall is a good idea.

The Airflow Performance pump is about $390.00 and the filter is super easy to maintain. I have this set up on my RV-8, IO-360, without a gasolator. Works great.

Charlie
Yes, I need another project anyway. It's been a whole week!

David,

Charlie
Charlie! Do you have any suggestions about an RV8 with an IO360 without gasolator that has low fuel pressure problems AFTER a flight? Fuel pressure falls to about 13 to 15 psi on taxi in! Have removed the gasolator and connected the mechanical pump directly to the flow meter.
THX!!
Hayes

The kit came from Vans for the AFP pump which included a very detailed set of instructions, all fittings, nut plates, screws, clamps and tubing. With help from Randy, I was able to get the new pump plumbed in and the install nearly complete in a day. The only thing holding me up was the need to order a hose from ACS which cost $150 and will arrive at an unknown time.

Spoke with Tom at TS flightlines. GREAT service and price. He will have the hose finished and in the mail today. Thanks for the tip.

The pump installed but not yet wired. Should have her flying this coming weekend.

3029ldl.jpg
[/IMG]
jj4up3.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a whole plethora of Dukes pumps (core), 12 and 24v and some dual rate. They can be yellow tagged for around $350.

Back