What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ANNUAL INSPECTION

SKYNOLIMIT

I'm New Here
Good morning all,
I just purchased a RV6A and wondering where I could find an accurate Inspection Report that I could use for my inspection.
Thank you!

Just out of curiosity. Are you an A&P and planning to do your own inspection or are you hiring an A&P to do it?

If you are hiring an A&P, it would be worth finding one that has experience with RV's - in that case the person should already have a good list and be familiar with special things to look for when inspecting an RV.

Just out of curiosity. Are you an A&P and planning to do your own inspection or are you hiring an A&P to do it?

If you are hiring an A&P, it would be worth finding one that has experience with RV's - in that case the person should already have a good list and be familiar with special things to look for when inspecting an RV.

He is in Canada, so the answer is likely "none of the above". Up here the owner of an amateur built is entitled to do his own inspections and maintenance, whether they built the aircraft or not. No "repairman's certificate" required in this country, and in fact there is no such document here.

Gilles: Here's a good starting point; several good inspection templates here:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=36093

I've used a couple of them, and combinations of them over the past 5 years.

Also, review all the recent SB's (all saved as stickies in the Ongoing Maintenance section of the forum) so you can include the recurrent inspections they require in your annual. Here's another one that for some reason isn't stickies here: http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/sb16-03-28.pdf. Fortunately, this one is unlikely to affect a 6 or 6A.

Last edited:
He is in Canada, so the answer is likely "none of the above". Up here the owner of an amateur built is entitled to do his own inspections and maintenance, whether they built the aircraft or not. No "repairman's certificate" required in this country, and in fact there is no such document here.

Owner envy :)

Yet another reason to move to Canada. Wait, I hate long cold winters, Disregard.

Back