What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where would you go!

togaflyer

Well Known Member
If you wanted cooler summers than Florida, be close to recreational amenities, live in a nice community, be close to an airport, have a hanger, and you wanted to be no further than a 5 hour flight to KMTH in the Florida Keys (via RV-10), where would you live.

How about Mallard's Landing?

We can be hotter than SW Florida in the summer, but generally not as humid. I grew up in Miami, so I remember those hot/humid summers. More breeze in Florida, though.

Mallard's Landing - 4000'+ of grass, several RV's, 30 miles south of downtown Atlanta (good and bad), beach is less than a two hour flight, North Georgia mountains about an hour. Plenty of A&P's, a few IA's, EAA Chapter based here.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/ga04

and

http://mallardslanding.us/

Carolinas

There are a lot of Airpark communities, and GA friendly airports in the Carolinas. I moved from Miami to Winston-Salem 35 years ago...I love it here. Mountains close, beach close, lots to do and 4 seasons to enjoy. Lots of nice areas to live too. Large RV population and some senic flying here.

I'd live at my house.

A paradise on earth :D

But seriously, what Bill said. NC is closer to the Keys and the OBX. I may move there if ...

The NC mountains are my favorite. Franklin, NC has a nice airport (Macon Co) that is not far out of town and close to where my neighbor has a cabin.

If mountain living is what you like, there are some nice lots about 2 miles from the airport (one is mine).

Have I got a deal for YOU

Beautiful 2200 sq ft cabin on large creek, 3.1 acres in north Georgia and I even have a hangar I can talk about. 60x70 hangar on 3000 foot public airport that's 7 minutes from my driveway.

There's gold in them thar hills..

I will check out those places. I will be looking for a place already built. I checked out Heavens Landing in Ga, but only lots are available.

thanks

Back