What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Empennage/Tail Kit Fairings

cwharris

Empennage/Tail Kit Fairing question. Since I?m a newbie at building and since I?ve never worked with Fiberglass before can some of you post some pictures of how the fairs are supposed to look like once installed and maybe even prepped for painting. I really don?t know how far to take them. Pictures would help me determine when I have then installed and prepped good enough.
One other question. Is the Final Primer and Top Coat thick enough to hide a lot of imperfections and what Color Top Coat is the best at hiding.

Fiberglass

Empennage/Tail Kit Fairing question. Since I?m a newbie at building and since I?ve never worked with Fiberglass before can some of you post some pictures of how the fairs are supposed to look like once installed and maybe even prepped for painting. I really don?t know how far to take them. Pictures would help me determine when I have then installed and prepped good enough.
One other question. Is the Final Primer and Top Coat thick enough to hide a lot of imperfections and what Color Top Coat is the best at hiding.

You can go to the main page and look for the fiberglass section. Sort by most popular and you will see several posts done by Dan H. He is an artist and a master with lots of good info. Unfortunately some, but not all of the pictures have been taken down, but all of the text is there where he explains his process.

Back