What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intermittent Dynon D10A Magnetometer Problem

Tankerpilot75

Well Known Member
Experiencing what I think is an intermittent failure of my D10A remote magnetometer. This is my backup EFIS with my primary system being the GRT Horizon WS system.

After about 30 minutes of flight I?m getting an EFIS screen message that says ?REMOTE COMPASS NOT DETECTED.? This has happened twice now. The first time I pulled my wing tip and checked the wiring which seemed secure and well connected.

1. Has anyone else gotten this message before and if so was it your magnetometer?
2. Is there a simple way to confirm it?s the magnetometer and not something else causing this message?

Does it only happen in Flight? If on the ground also, run a new wire outside the plane and see if it goes away. If only in Flight, move it into the cabin and Velcro more or less level and pointing correctly and run a new wire from the box to the mag and see if it goes away. If it stays, then it?s the D10A or the mag. If it goes away it?s a chaffed wire somewhere or a bad crimp. I may have an extra mag around I could loan you to determine whether it?s the D10A or the mag if it?s not the wire.

Back