What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Facet Fuel Pump

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Started running the fuel line from the gascolator to the aux. fuel pump, and it looks like the male flare fitting on the pump is something I don't have a female nut for. Do I have to buy a special nut and ferrule?

Which Facet do you have? There are over a dozen different versions, but IIRC, the one Van sells has AN-6 fittings on both ends. If that's what you have, you just slide on the B nut & sleeve, flair the -6 tube, and connect to the pump.

Pump

I have the one that Vans sells 40108. Says it has a 37 deg 3/8" flare fitting, but I don't have anything that fits it. Seems like the threads are different.

Uh, that's what *I* said. :)
This begs the question: What fits your gascolator? Those are standard AN-6 parts that Al linked.

Can you link to a pic? This afternoon, I checked 40108 that I have in the hangar, and standard AN -6 tubing and fittings work fine on mine.

Wrong fitting?

I?m using 3/8? tubing for this connection from the pump to the gascolator. The connection to the gascolator (bottom of image) is fine, but the same fitting won?t fit the pump (top of image). Maybe it?s the wrong size fitting?

Hard to see clearly, but the components at the pump end of the tube look different from the ones attached to the elbow. Both ends of that tube in the pic should be prepped identically.

Have you tried taking just a B nut (AN818), without tubing or sleeve, & screwing it onto the pump? Try both sides of the pump; in and out. If it works on one side but not the other, you likely have damaged threads on one side of the pump.

Nope, both ends are the same (even tried reversing the line - no joy). I have also tried just a nut on both the inlet and outlet of the pump and it does not fit. It seems like it's a different thread type.

Mystery solved. Was a bad thread. I was able to chase it with a die and all is fine now... sheeeeesh.

Back