What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Easy Start Wires.....help

Phantom30

Well Known Member
I am working on wiring the "easy start wires" page 46-13 steps 1 & 2. I screwed up and ran the little purple wire above the engine mounts instead of following the pito tubing. I'm trying to remove the little pins from the purple wire that enter the ignition module A1 and B2.

Does anyone know how and what bloody tool is necessary. I've already pulled one wire out, disconnecting it from it's pin and can't get the pin out.

Edit: they are the female connector pins which go into the bottom portion of the A2 and B2 plugs.

I'll be a happy camper when this wiring job is completed.

Last edited:
Look into the open end of the plug. You can see the metal pins and a small plastic tab above or below each pin. Take something pointy like a watch screwdriver or a dental pick and lift the plastic tab up as you put some backward pressure on the wire. It will come out easily.

Look into the open end of the plug. You can see the metal pins and a small plastic tab above or below each pin. Take something pointy like a watch screwdriver or a dental pick and lift the plastic tab up as you put some backward pressure on the wire. It will come out easily.

Thanks Sink.....they are out. Now to get a replacement pin from Stein.

Back