What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airport in Madison, WI area for two weeks?

Kevin Horton

Well Known Member
My wife and I are planning to fly to southern WI for a couple of weeks, arriving around Sept 17 or 18. We'll rent a car, and do some touring around.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good airport to fly in to, somewhere in the general vicinity of Madison, western Milwaukee or Lake Geneva. I'll need a tie-down (or hangar space, if the cost isn't prohibitive) for two weeks, and a rental car place not too many miles away.

My wife and I are planning to fly to southern WI for a couple of weeks, arriving around Sept 17 or 18. We'll rent a car, and do some touring around.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good airport to fly in to, somewhere in the general vicinity of Madison, western Milwaukee or Lake Geneva. I'll need a tie-down (or hangar space, if the cost isn't prohibitive) for two weeks, and a rental car place not too many miles away.

Kevin,

There's several possible choices depending on what you plan to do while here. I'm based at C29 (Middleton) which is a nice smaller airport that's convenient to destinations west of town. They do have rental cars (Avis).

MSN is the airline airport but is also friendly to general aviation (east ramp). Wisconsin Aviation might also have some hangar space. There's a very popular restaurant there.

If your plans take you more towards Milwaukee then RYV (Watertown) is also also a good choice. Not sure if they have rental cars though.

KBUU

Kevin,

Burlington WI is an airport SE of Madison and SW of Milwaukee. They also have the cheapest fuel around. Rental car should be available. Not sure about hanger space but there is a new flight school on the field and they may have room. I know there are quite a few RV's on the field and one of them may be able to get you into their hanger. East Troy is not too far north of KBUU, Jeff Point keeps his RV6 there.

We use Wisconsin Aviation at KMSN when going to Oshkosh. They are very GA friendly. Do not charge ramp fees, arranged rent car. The hangar space when available is about $40 a night.

02C

Capitol Drive Aiport 02C is located in Brookfield. Have both premium Mogas and 100LL. Very good prices. Tie downs are FREE :D. There may be some temporary space in an open hanger or community hanger but you would need to contact Matt the manager to confirm. Rental car company, I can't remember name is close by and will pick you up at the airport.

Capitol Drive Aiport 02C is located in Brookfield. Have both premium Mogas and 100LL. Very good prices. Tie downs are FREE :D. There may be some temporary space in an open hanger or community hanger but you would need to contact Matt the manager to confirm. Rental car company, I can't remember name is close by and will pick you up at the airport.
This sounds interesting. Thanks.

Back