What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping costs

Clarkie

Well Known Member
Was wondering who you guys on the East Coast have used to ship your fuselage kit from Van's. What kind of prices have you been getting? I'm in Charlotte, NC. Thanks.

Slow build fuselage kit delivered on Dec 5th, 2011. It Cost $339 to my door (well, close to it anyway) in Richmond, VA. Shipping company was ABF Freight.

I recently received my finish kit using Vans standard shipping
Cost me a little over $500.00 to IL

If I ever do this again I'll have it all shipped at once and save a few $$$$

Tom,

If you let Van's ship your kit as usual it will come ABF through the terminal in Belmont. I picked both my wings and fuelage up there at different times and had no issues. It doesn't really save anything to pick up at the terminal but was much easier for me to go pick it up after hours than take time off work and sit at home with 2 or 3 buddies waiting on a truck driver.

Cost was between $300 and $400 for each kit. One delivered a year and a half ago, one was right around the past Thanksgiving.

SB RV-7 wing AND fuselage kits (3 crates, 720lbs of stuff) to Tehachapi (900mi from Aurora) via Partain, $322.

Edit: This is incorrect!! Tony told me to get an estimate from Van's on how much it would cost to ship by FedEX and he would beat it by 10%. Evidently whoever provided the estimate at Van's didn't include the fuselage kit.:mad: The actual cost turned out to be $620.:eek: Moral of the story, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! The great news is that it all arrived in A1 condition, laying flat and right side up.

Last edited:
Jan 2011, Slow-build 9A fuselage shipped to Baltimore, MD via ABF, I picked up the crate with my own truck at the terminal, total charge: $367. The crate was in good shape, no damage.
John

Back