What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

J Channel part #?

db9469

I was short one J channel stringer when I bought my kit (second buyer). My drawings show the part # to be VA-117 but Vans online store doesn't recognize that number. I have a early 90's kit so if anyone has the new p/n I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks

Try "the list"

Kit parts are normally found on "The List".
The link is located in the middle of Van's Web Store front page.
However, I couldn't find your VA-117 J Stringer listed here.

Use ctrl-F to search for the word "channel" and you'll find some -6 references. Is the stringer for wing or fuse?

Last edited:
J-channel

If you are needing the thin J-channel that runs longitudinally in the rear fuselage, simply order J-channelX6' or J-channelX8, 6 or 8 ft lengths.
As mentioned, its in the parts list; I had no trouble getting it

Dave A.

I was short one J channel stringer when I bought my kit (second buyer). My drawings show the part # to be VA-117 but Vans online store doesn't recognize that number. I have a early 90's kit so if anyone has the new p/n I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks

Sorry I didn't respond to your text message, I was enjoying my Saturday stuck at work.

Dave is correct, you can order the J-CHANNELX6' or J-CHANNELX8' depending on what you need. The part is cheap, but I'm sure the shipping won't be.

If this is holding up your build, you can have one of my stringers and then order the replacement for me. I will be a little while before I flip the fuselage and need the stringer for the top skin.

Just call me and let me know, I'll be out in the shop all day Sunday.

Thanks for your responses guys. I did a search on "The List" but only put in j-channel and nothing came up. I'll try the j-channelx6. I appreciate the info! Thanks for the offer Colin, it's not holding up my build so i'll just order it. I noticed that I didn't have the one for the top.

Browse down

"The List" is alphabetically sorted by part#.

Just browse down until you reach letter J, you'll be right at it.

Back