What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Screen Blank Off Plate?

D.A.

I'm New Here
I want to pull my O-360 back as far as I can and I've got everything else figured out except the oil screen. I did some searching here and I found posts for 90 degree spin on filter mods but I couldn't find anything for a blank off plate with 90 degree fittings for a remote oil filter. Does something like that exist? I saw remote oil filter set ups but they still ran what looked like a standard oil screen housing, or close to it. I was hoping for a blank off plate with an oil in port and an oil out port. I can place the temp bulb remotely as well. All input invited.

You've raised a lot of questions in my mind tangential to your question. For the stock Van's mount, the Wolf remote filter comes with a back plate that fits just fine and leaves a ton of room behind the engine. But if you are 'pulling back' the 360, I am assuming you are fabricating your own custom mount. Why would you want to do that? It will not only change the W&B of the aircraft but also all the load moments, leaving you in unknown territory as far as the airframe is concerned. It also seems to me that if you can fabricate (or get one fabricated) your own custom engine mount, a custom machined back-plate should not be beyond your capabilities.

I'm not trying to be critical; I just (clearly) don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Back