What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot static locaton

8 Builder

After about 3 hours of looking at plans, web site pictures and instruction pages I can not find instructions or plans that show where to locate the pitot static holes/positions on the fuselage. The closest I came was in the finish kit instructions which stated "The recomended RV static source point can be found in an earlier portion of the Construction Manual or on the drawings." Well, not by me! Help please?
Thanks, Rich

For the RV-7 it is on the "Fuselage skin and rivets" plan, in detail E. This is the main rivet call out plan. I suspect it is similar on the 8.
Tom.

Drawing #85

Hi Rich,

Take a look at RV8 Drawing #85, "RIGGING AND EMPENAGE FAIRINGS", info regarding static system is identified as STATIC SOURCE.... My plans are dated 3/2006

Hope this helps.

Mike P

Last edited:
Hi Rich,

Take a look at RV8 Drawing #85, "RIGGING AND EMPENAGE FAIRINGS", info regarding static system is identified as STATIC SOURCE.... My plans are dated 3/2006

Hope this helps.

Mike P

My plans also shows Dwg 85. 1" fwd of F-809-1 bulkhead assy rivet line and 4" below F-867 upper longeron. Plan shows SD-42-BSLF Rivet (static source).

Mine are also dated 03/20/06.

This drawing does not show up on my RV-8 CD but is in the hard copy that I got with the tail kit.

My plans CD for the early kits shows the info you need on plans drawing 41. I recall that there was also a drawing in the construction manual, but that may have changed over the years.

And the winner is Kevin Horton!! On my old plans, page 41 is Fluting spacing and "sketches". The pitot diagrams were in amongst the sketches. No drawing was found in the manual. Thanks to ALL for the help. Where else can you ask a question at 10pm and have the first answer a short time later from half way around the world in Australia? Mike- Do the new plans really have 85 pages? Love it.

"Mike- Do the new plans really have 85 pages? Love it."[/QUOTE]

Rich,

My RV8 (CD) plans include Drawings:
1-18
44-46
48-50
60-85
C1-C4

You're welcome! I agree, this Forum has been a blessing for me during my build.

Regards,

Mike P

Back