What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

rv969wf

Well Known Member
I?d like to start this post as:

?Let us see Your Best or most Awesome Picture of an RV sitting on the GROUND"

Get creative and use MOTHER NATURE as your background.

I know there are many talented photographers out there!!!!!!! Let's see if we can come up with some really COOL and unique PHOTOS that are not like what were seeing day in and day out.

Most of the pictures that I have seen on VAF are of everyone?s RVs in the air which is very cool, or being built in their shop, etc etc.. How about some photos like none other that are unique and very beyond the norm!

I thought I?d do something a little different and see if there was an interest with unique RV photos. Aug 28th was my Birthday, so this is one highlight of celebrating with this Post on 'VAF'.

I hope this post/thread continues as I know there are many builders that are not in the air or finished, so when you get ur done,,,, POST YOUR RV PICTURE!!!!!

The pictures attached are examples of what I took at 30-40 minutes after sunset yesterday using a Sony Digital Camera with a Night framing Mode at only 4.2 mega pixel with a built in flash, nothing fancy, just letting the sun go down and using a little flash to provide the highlights.

Get those camera's out and take pictures! A good photographer has it with him at all times BTW.

I'm by no means a 'GOOD' :eek: photographer as my camera sometimes gets left behind. I'm trying to do better at making the CAMERA a part of my checklist everytime I leave the house, because you never know when you might capture that perfect moment. :D :)

dsc08657su3.jpg

dsc08663ls0.jpg

dsc08655wt1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As I drove in to work this morning, I realized I missed a good opportunity to get air-air or ground shots with the lunar eclipse in the background :(

Doug, were you up and shooting (the camera)?

TODR

My favorite's so far...I took the pics, but not my 7 (obviously)...Jack will appreciate this!

I did make a small adjustment in Photoshop in the first two, but I really like how they look!

6-11-07-001-1w.jpg

6-11-07-003-1w.jpg

6-11-07-002w.jpg

Taken at Jack's house on his Illinois farm strip.

Here's the original's of the first two...

6-11-07-001w.jpg

6-11-07-003w.jpg

:cool:

Thanks William!
I wish I had a picture of the underside. It is gray. As soon as this humidity dries up I need to get a good air to air shot of "Catalina" showing her bottom. :)

A Couple of my FAVS

This is from camping at OSH this year.

img1093bg8.jpg

A whole bunch of RV's on the ramp at Provo Air Center in the Turks & Caicos.

turks200701303tw9.jpg

And finally back in the USA at Ft. Pierce, FL

img0828lp2.jpg

The Old and the New

You've seen this one before....(Big Bend Ranch Flyout, Feb 2007)

IMG_0743.JPG

And another from the same area, different strip....

IMG_0524.JPG

Last edited:
Not my airplane...

...but it is my image (so I give myself permission to post it here :D )

n678srvs0.jpg

RV-8 belonging to Steve Raddatz (hope I got the spelling right, Steve), and taken at Land of Enchantment 2005 in between the traditional Saturday morning rain showers.

Ok, here are two, this one at the airport where I learned to fly (BJC, Broomfield CO) in 1985:
dscn3466nt7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and this one was taken inside Golden Wings Museum, which is full of one of a kind airplanes, which I guess includes mine! We had a forum there several times.
dscn0227xc1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My former RV6A

Here's a couple of pix of the RV6A that has since been sold in front of my house that I built in 2000 and the house next door that I built in 2002.

The pix were taken after I landed the plane at the 1700 ft Horse Farm strip that ends at a road in the neighborhood. I taxied thru the 'hood to my house but couldn't get up my driveway because the brick pillars flanking the driveway are 22' apart(poor planning by the builder).
So I proceeded to my next door neighbors house and used his drive and then taxied in front of my house.

Enterprise Earthbound...

This is my "starship" Enterprise photographed on September 20, 2005 in front of the hangar.
DSCN0297A.JPG

Hanging out with the best RV's at LOE 5...
img_8913.jpg

Home again with the Best RV-9/9A Trophy at LOE5.
DSCP0103a.jpg

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A - - N2PZ
www.n2prise.org
Hobbs = 234.7 hours

This is 'RX on the ground at the Rolls-Royce airfield at Hucknall, Nottingham.
I can't take the credit for the lovely sunburst paint scheme; builder was Tim Berry in USA.
2005-02-19144758.jpg

Back from paint

Just back from paint shop. Thank you to Mr. Paul Dye for the inspiration for the paint.

fuselage graphic

Geico266:

that looks like an interesting flag graphic on the side of your fuselage. Do you have a closeup photo of it so i can get a better look?

thanks

erich

Well not awesome

But it is a nice background.

GJT.jpg

This is from the ramp at Grand Junction, Colorado. The last day of my first big RV trip in 2000.

nice photo Moose! I was scrolling through and said hey, that looks like my bird. Having never been to LOE it is nice to see that my plane has!
Steve Pratt
Erie CO
RV-8 bought flying

Back