What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight RV-7

Jerry Carter

Well Known Member
I finally got to the point where I could fly my airplane (notice I did not say "finished.") Flying with the stick in my left hand is a bit of an adjustment for me. This airplane is faster than my 8A. 24 square gives me 165 Kts indicated at low altitude. The roll forces are a bit of a different feel also - not a bad thing, the stick just feels a bit lighter in my hand. I'm blown away by the Trutrak autopilot, the 430 and the Dynons. I'm trying to get the time flown off so that I can go to Oshkosh. So far I have 7 of the 40 hours done. I hope to see you all there.

http://web.mac.com/rv8apilot/iWeb/N323RV/First%20Flight.html

Nice!

Just remember there will always be another Oshkosh..Take your time and iron out the bugs before you go anywhere!

Good Job

Frank

Just remember there will always be another Oshkosh..Take your time and iron out the bugs before you go anywhere!

Good Job

Frank

Good point, Frank. Fortunately I have plenty of time this month to work on things. All my time thus far has been flying within a few miles of the airport, just breaking in the engine and becoming familiar with my avionics. I didn't want to do much slow flight or takeoffs and landings during the first hours of the engine break-in, although I did do a couple of stalls just to establish some critical airspeeds. My second ten hours (after the first oil change), I'll focus more on flight testing. And if I don't get it done, I'm fortunate to have a backup airplane.:)

Wow, it turned out great. I can't believe you made such progress from that day my wife and I came out to check out your 8A.

Congratulations!

Jerry,
I dropped in to see you and say hello to Doc Ray the day after you flew it, but the Helo-boys said you had just left. Let me know if you want me to take some air-to-air pictures for you. Enjoy the new baby.
Chuck

Back