What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got a little help in the shop tonight

mgregory176

Patron
Fiberglass isn’t much fun. But having your 9 year old excited about helping motivates me to stay out a little longer.
obN.jpg

[ed. Pic doesn't display on my 4 computers (Macs and PCs, desktops and laptops) in Dallas, TX (Halie.com images do not display on my computers...so probably not visible for thousands of others). Just FYI...sounds like a nice picture.

Tip: You're using kitlog, so why don't you just upload it there and embed here?

Like this sample pic from your log:

http://www.kitlog.com/photos/project_2088/full/FP03022015A00028.jpg
FP03022015A00028.jpg

Sorry for the thread creep....

v/r,dr.]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome. I don't have kids yet but when I do they will be fully involved in my projects down the road. It seems so many ppl lack patience to teach young minds on how to work with their hands. I for one was fortunate to have started in the shop at a young age!

That's awesome. I don't have kids yet but when I do they will be fully involved in my projects down the road. It seems so many ppl lack patience to teach young minds on how to work with their hands. I for one was fortunate to have started in the shop at a young age!

You never know when it will pay off in the future. My son helped me consistently through high school. My daughter started helping me occasionally after her brother went to college.

My son flies a F-16 these days, so helping build Dad's RV didn't really help his career other than he likes to talk about it with the other folks in the squadron based upon all the questions I get when I visit.

My daughter whose major was Industrial Engineering was interviewing for an internship at a small boutique engineering firm. The CEO was conducting the interviews and was asking all the candidates if they had any experience working off a set of plans to build something. This caught her off guard for a moment, then see remembered that the RV-10 had plans and she helped on a few of the assemblies. So she told him about helping me with the RV-10. It turned out that he was a retired F-15 pilot. They spent the rest of the interview talking about RVs. She was not only offered the internship, but they also offered her a job upon graduation. Little did she know at the time that helping her Dad would be so beneficial to her career.

Mike,

Glad to see things are moving along. My 5yo daughter likes to help put rivets in the holes. It takes 10x longer but it's way more fun!

Fellow Diamondcutter,

Fiberglass isn’t much fun. But having your 9 year old excited about helping motivates me to stay out a little longer.
obN.jpg

You never know when it will pay off in the future. My son helped me consistently through high school. My daughter started helping me occasionally after her brother went to college.

My son flies a F-16 these days, so helping build Dad's RV didn't really help his career other than he likes to talk about it with the other folks in the squadron based upon all the questions I get when I visit.

My daughter whose major was Industrial Engineering was interviewing for an internship at a small boutique engineering firm. The CEO was conducting the interviews and was asking all the candidates if they had any experience working off a set of plans to build something. This caught her off guard for a moment, then see remembered that the RV-10 had plans and she helped on a few of the assemblies. So she told him about helping me with the RV-10. It turned out that he was a retired F-15 pilot. They spent the rest of the interview talking about RVs. She was not only offered the internship, but they also offered her a job upon graduation. Little did she know at the time that helping her Dad would be so beneficial to her career.

That's awesome. 👍👍

Mine helped me attach the wing top skins the other day...but she wanted wine for efforts

20180718_200835_20180729152153080.jpg

Last edited:
Back