What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Take on Baja Design Wingtip Light Install.

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
Wingtip mounting time for my -7. I've long planned on installing the Baja Design Squadron Pro's in the wingtips. I first noticed these through Mike Bullock's Post back in 2013.

After contemplating wether to follows Mike's install exactly or do something different, I decided to make a change.

I thought that bringing the lights further forward would have a little less light loss and may be a little more pleasing to the eye.

So here's my first attempt . This is not final but with a couple minor changes and cleaning up it'd pretty close. I also have some mirrored Plexiglas that I may put under the position light.

Mike original install.
BD3.jpg

My install so far.
BD1.jpg

BD2.jpg

I thought the same about bringing them forward. I made the opening a little larger and the light is half-in and half-out of the opening. It is tricky to adjust to keep the unit from jamming the side but it works.

The tabs are fastened to the sides of the light so it can protrude and still avoid the exposed springs.

HBG8bXGaJvcHtiNWAAWHq42VzcVSdqYD8NJiarvi32-DklBBp4FOpeQOPHiTpSYPDgmnCveb8VZBOeYLOuvD4PhReEX2qqTSZW41Bspdap1DAhP2g39-ZIpB5dVr_uT6iV7QSsDmbEEo-9NAQEzLSL_C-NGlC10fvNYi3KUqFrNlQoZ8rfKc8Jm4NTdWvotRJALMj0CnJgme2a_A3DCmNBTia8VJ9QL4aVIJ9WNR8T_XbrOgvA6KSLrywV9znHqgPLHdF_hNDA4PUIVA3K46gS74UzLzZM8OkD4JsjxPVwc4lDP5mlsfkXsr1NNStYCzCVL7YRtsfU7o7VFl3BSC5zV__1VChN_JAufb-lKBQ30xasDC69zX1_QPC_gxUYIWrwsosKdJdupBwCzXpIdGSmAkSJABmfqldbsq5EH-bNztQKaPi3iH7B8WKcOfQ051oTSCo_7IP69NSrRDpH44nyGQzwFWZQI1DCAEkx3UeVES4dPG5BEW7HRObcdjIrM0sb0UFSlr_puPI8362he3HQ29UCe8bmEmnFXnZQggfLMg-B4hRkXcnv-ph4PUNaw2kjPZCuPbdL1atMxcP7aEna9qizxlCHyfzEFX6eSldwyhfSHLCLaXtV-SwwDa8AIqCj1djUkktqOPpSxqdz7DEQKMZHFKlz_yLeQ4meynwpwrFJ90TIZRQFu5d1uaVTuqK3MsRg5aNjoDd2gHmQD37yPQPwFAmSklsxY14VvdZ4rvlpoH=w700

Last edited:
Back