What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for DAR in Northeast

Jpm757

Well Known Member
My 7 should be ready for the condition inspection in early Oct. I would like to find a DAR here in the northeast that I can work with. I am interested in someone who can give me more leeway on the phase 1 flight test radius. I believe a 25nm area is insufficient to accomplish a proper evaluation of the aircraft. Additionally my airport (KOXC) Oxford, CT is situated in a very busy corridor. DAR's seem to be all over the map on the size of the phase 1 area, and unfortunately many are not willing to grant an area larger than 25nm.

Jake

Looking for DAR

Jake:

I agree with your observation on the 25 NM radius; it's simply inadequate for an RV. I can do much better than that. Please contact me off list via PM to discuss the issues. I am based at Westhampton, NY and I regularly fly my RV-8 to locations all over the east coast to conduct inspections.

My 7 should be ready for the condition inspection in early Oct. I would like to find a DAR here in the northeast that I can work with. I am interested in someone who can give me more leeway on the phase 1 flight test radius. I believe a 25nm area is insufficient to accomplish a proper evaluation of the aircraft. Additionally my airport (KOXC) Oxford, CT is situated in a very busy corridor. DAR's seem to be all over the map on the size of the phase 1 area, and unfortunately many are not willing to grant an area larger than 25nm.

Jake

Jon Ross is the man!

Back