What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flange for new oil cooler

erich weaver

Well Known Member
Greetings
Going to bite the bullet and replace my 7-row, baffle mounted oil cooler with a 13 row one that will be installed on the engine mount. Can someone recommend a suitable flange for attaching the scat tube to the engine baffle?

I'm thinking 4 inch diameter scat tube should be used, and I don't see where ACS carries a flange that size. Ideally I would want the flange to provide a bit of a curved radius transition to enter the tubing but maybe that isn't all that important, and not sure something like that is available.

Thanks
Erich

different idea

You might want to look at HE Series of coolers. HE 1602 has 6 rows and is 30% better than the 7 row Van's supplies. It is the same size so it will fit as a replacement. Call Pacific Oil Cooler , they are in Ca. and talk to them. This is the cooler they recommend for the angle valve (oil squiter) engine that run hotter than an parallel valve. The HE 1602 is pricey, but might be easier and a better install. Just a thought.

Last edited:
200 HP angle valve here, went from 7 row to 10 row HE on the baffle, much better.

Back