What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon com volume increase?

birddog486

Well Known Member
On my just finished RV-7 I'm running a skyview HDX system with the com radio as my #2 and an IFD440 as the #1 through a garmin GMA245 audio panel.

The Ifd440 has no problem putting out enough volume but the sound from the dynon radio in flight is so quiet I can't hear it. On the ground and in flight Its crystal clear but doesn't get loud enough.

I talked to Dynon and they said I can send it in for testing but wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if you've been able to solve it. I've changed many of the main audio volumes in the skyview system but none seem to effect the com volume.

Travis

Sidetone

I think you're referring to the side tone on your radio....right? Set your side tone to a higher level in the Dynon radio setup screens.

In the setup screen: SETUP MENU > COM RADIO SETUP> SIDETONE VOLUME – Adjust for your personal preference of how much microphone audio is heard in the headset when transmitting.

I think I had the same issue....the radio worked fine, but seemed like it was quiet when I hit the transmit button. Changed radio side tone.... all is good.

Cheers,
Ackselle

I think you're referring to the side tone on your radio....right? Set your side tone to a higher level in the Dynon radio setup screens.

In the setup screen: SETUP MENU > COM RADIO SETUP> SIDETONE VOLUME ? Adjust for your personal preference of how much microphone audio is heard in the headset when transmitting.

I think I had the same issue....the radio worked fine, but seemed like it was quiet when I hit the transmit button. Changed radio side tone.... all is good.

Cheers,
Ackselle

Nope, Side tone is fine, its the com reception I cant hear.

Radio

On my just finished RV-7 I'm running a skyview HDX system with the com radio as my #2 and an IFD440 as the #1 through a garmin GMA245 audio panel.

The Ifd440 has no problem putting out enough volume but the sound from the dynon radio in flight is so quiet I can't hear it. On the ground and in flight Its crystal clear but doesn't get loud enough.

I talked to Dynon and they said I can send it in for testing but wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if you've been able to solve it. I've changed many of the main audio volumes in the skyview system but none seem to effect the com volume.

Travis

Travis,
The only volume adjustments besides sidetone and mic gain are on the control head. If that's up all the way and still not loud enough, give me a call on Monday after the Xmas holiday, pretty sure I can resolve this.

Back