What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Retirement at Cleaveland Tool

clevtool

Well Known Member
For 24 out of our 26 years at Cleaveland Tool, Marshall McDowell has been pumping out tools that change the lives of builders around the world. He is retiring this week and I thought it would be fun to solicit comments from users of his work. Annette and I get to hear it from customers on the phone and at Oshkosh, but please consider passing on a message right to him to show your appreciation of top quality dimple dies, squeezers, edge formers. We hired Marshall in 1994 from a jewel cutter, knowing if he could see facets on a stone he would work well with the details we needed. Since he has trained the half dozen people that currently do the same (including another jeweler). Happy camping Marshall!

(I will pass on comments from here next Tuesday)
Thank you all!

Mike

2019-01-20%2015.46.05.jpg

2019-01-20%2015.45.23.jpg

Congratulations, Marshall. Enjoy your retirement, and thanks for your many years of excellent work!

Thanks Marshall! Your dimple dies and other stuff that come out of that big machine work great! And the one time I broke a pin off a die the gals sent me another sample of your handiwork gratis (even though it was probably my fault!). The main squeeze is awesome too!

Enjoy your retirement!

Thanks for producing top quality American-made products for us over the years. Congrats!

THANKS

Thanks marshall, you made Rv-12 build much more fun. And easier to do. Try to make it to Osc. So we can thank you in person.

Godspeed in your next adventure, Marshall! I'm completing my second airplane and I couldn't have built either without those quality dies and squeezers. I think the next time a Young Eagle is looking at my tools and asks: "What are those?", I will respond with: "oh that's MAN JEWELRY!".

Welcome to retirement and thanks from those of us non-Vans builders (that hang out here).

We are loosing all the good ones, hopefully the kids coming from behind can pick up the pace. Not seeing it yet around here. Stay well Marshall and enjoy your well deserved retirement.

Thanks, Marshall, for the great tools that I use every day.

Either you made them or you taught the people who made them, I figure.

Good job!

Dave
RV-3B, now on the fuselage

Marshall,
Behind the scene folks do not get much attention, but quality products make a difference. You certainly have made a difference. Thanks for your hard work, and blessings to you in your retirement.
Dave Oakes

Thanks for all your quality work Marshall. Building My RV8 I quickly learned the difference between average and High quality tools like you produced. I tell anyone starting a build not to waist there money on other tools, always buy Cleaveland.

Enjoy your retirement. You have learned it.

Mike Lazarowicz

RV8 flying

Thank you for all you've done...

Mr. McDowell:

You have helped put thousands of airplane kits where they belong- in the air!

I look forward to my shop time, in large part because of the wonderful Cleaveland tools I get to use.

Thank you very much for all your help; I hope to meet you in person so I can show you what your work enabled. Any smilies are my fault;)

Thank You for your expertise, built an entire plane by hand with your hand operated rivet squeezer.

Thanks Marshall, for all those years turning out tools that were a cut above most others. Enjoy your retirement, where "every day is Saturday"!

Happy retirement Marshall, now get a VAF account and show off some of the cool home machining projects you are doing, if you have time :D!

Back