What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sealing the vent flange on baffle

SgtZim

Well Known Member
The OP plans call for fuel tank sealant on the screen and vent flange, and I'm fresh out of that expensive goo. Anyone see a potential problem using Permatex red rated at 650 F, vs Pro-seal rated at 275 F?

This is on the Van's baffle kit situated behind #3 cylinder and feeds the cabin heat.

The OP plans call for fuel tank sealant on the screen and vent flange, and I'm fresh out of that expensive goo. Anyone see a potential problem using Permatex red rated at 650 F, vs Pro-seal rated at 275 F?

This is on the Van's baffle kit situated behind #3 cylinder and feeds the cabin heat.

The primary reason anything is used is to prevent the screen from coming apart / unraveling since it is only captured by the rivets at the 4 corners.
Anything that would do this could be used. Tank sealant was used because is higher in durometer once cured, to help assure the screen stays together even if someone pokes there finger into it, etc.

Thanks, the "toughness" factor had not occurred to me - was just thinking heat and sealing out fumes.

Back