What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Motor Electric - Help

N654W

I'm New Here
hello All! Hopefully someone can help.
I have never been able to get the wing trim to operate properly - the pilot wing always wants to drop down and the trim motor runs out of travel before being able to compensate.
We have changed the springs and tried different adjustments. This seems to work for a few hours of flight then it gets worse again.
One thing we noticed is the arm on the motor itself seems to have 1/2 of travel.
Any help/pics of your setup much appreciated!

get rid of the heavy wing problem first!

The aileron trim system is designed to accommodate loading changes during flight (fuel imbalance) and people / baggage loading imbalances. Your plane should fly hands off (or very nearly so) with the trim centered. Vans has a good article on the website dealing with heavy wing problems, or search heavy wing on this great site. More info than you can absorb in a week. ;)

Heavy wing

May your problem begin with more speed? I have that problem and the trim doesnt have controll, if the problem is at high speed then you have som unbalance on the elevators, check the post with heavy wing subject, mi solution was to bend the edge of the light wing elevator by one inch increments untill the problem disapear:)

Back