What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X back seat LVL button

bobmarkert

Well Known Member
G3xperts........
While flying the other day it occurred to me I?d like to install a remote LVL button in the back seat of my RV-8. I have a lot of non-pilots riding along and a repeater of the front seat button would improve safety in the event......

I have a dual screen G3X touch and a GMC 307 controller.

I looked at wiring diagram 26-1.7 in the install manual but it wasn?t clear to me if a ?repeater? LVL button can be wired in

Xperts?

Thanks
Bob

You can use a "discrete input", would be pretty easy, and you can disable it via the system if you, for example, put a young kid in the back and find yourself constantly flying straight and level :p

Discrete inputs let you just assign various functions to a switch, really cool feature.

G3Experts any ideas/input.
Thanks
Bob

Hello Bob,

Yes, as Bill describes, you can wire a normally open, momentary contact button switch to an unused input discrete on your GEA 24, wire the other side of the switch to ground, configure the input discrete for active low with a type of "AFCS LEVEL", and you have a back seat LVL button.

See page 35=167 of the Rev. AE G3X Installation Manual, and let us know if you have additional questions.

As Bill says, be careful what you have in the back seat. I once gave a ride to a friend's young son, and after I wouldn't do the acro he wanted me to do, he put his foot on the stick in the back seat which could have been catastrophic. I have been real careful about giving rides with the rear stick in place since then!

Thanks,
Steve

Back