What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I Need Help Inventorying my RV-10

jeffwhip

Well Known Member
Ok, here's my story. I bought a RV-10 QB Fuselage & Wing Kit along with the Empennage/Tailcone kit from a private individual and I am trying to inventory everything to make sure everything is here.

I have a 7 page packing list along with the RV-10A Empennage/Tailcone Hardware List. My problem is that I can't seem to find all of the parts so that I can check them off the list. For instance, I have skin F-1075, F-1073 L & F-1073R. Section 4 of the Builder's Manual lists these as the Tailcone aft top skin, tailcone side skin L & tailcone side skin R respectfully. I can't find any of these parts listed on my packing list or hardware list.

So how do I inventory my parts to make sure everything is here?

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sounds like you are missing some paperwork. Each of the 3 kits should have a packing list (with big parts, sheet metal, and "bag 1121" etc) and a hardware list of what is in each bag.

Jeff, the packing list for my empennage/tailcone was 5 pages, and the skins you mentioned were on page 4. Packing list for wing kit was 7 pages, and packing list for fuselage was 12 pages.

Last edited:
Jeff, mine aren't scanned, just hardcopies. Perhaps one of the super-organized folks here does have electronic packing lists? If not, I will scan mine and post them.

I just had a friend try to send me his packing list for the Empennage Packing list and it is so faded I can hardly read it. I'll have to call Van's on Monday but I'll be dead in the water until then.

So if someone out there has a packing list for the Empennage kit and would be willing to scan it and send it to me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I'm sure you've got everything you need, but since you didn't buy your kits from Van's, they're not going to honor any inventory shortage anyway.

I would just start building and sort things out as you go. Anything you don't have is a reasonable time and price away.

Inventory

Hopefully someone has an Excel inventory and will send it. Mine has been well worth the time spent entering it on many occasions. I keep a column updated for shop location.
Unfortunately it's for the 7a.
You might look at the builder manual section 4, I think is an inventory.

I checked out the inventory list on myrv10.com but it only shows the hardware list and not the packing list. I'd like to just start building and see how it goes but I also need to order a few things from Vans and figured I may as well try to save on shipping. I don't want to find myself dead in the water waiting on parts.

So if anyone has it, I'd love to get it from you!

scanned packing list

Jeff,

Sent you an email with my empennage packing list. It was shipped to me early 2013. Contains 6 pages.

Hope this helps.

Fredrik

Back