Old 05-13-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3xpert View Post
Hello Amir,

Hopefully you find this posting useful.

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...83&postcount=7

Thanks,
Steve
Thanks Steve. That sums it up very well and much easier to understand.
Supporting VAF since the first visit
Old 06-22-2018, 10:57 AM

Default Can't find G3X N. America DB bundle

I started to download my DB updates for my G3X and GTN 750. When I got to my GTN, I discovered that my subscription had expired.

I have been using the $299 Nav Data subscription on the GTN. I decided to check the other bundles before I purchased an new annual subscription.

Even though I still have a few updates left on my G3X subscription (the $149 N America DB bundle), I tried to verify the pricing on that bundle while I was looking. I was not able to find the $149 G3X North America DB bundle on the Garmin website. Does it still exist?

It looks like Garmin now has a combined bundle for G3X and GTN - the cheapest option for US only is $748.

I don't want to buy a $299 GTN bundle if I can't get the $149 G3X bundle when the G3X subscription expires.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
RV-12 (ELSA, Dual G3X), SOLD
Highland Village,TX
Old 06-22-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_A View Post
I started to download my DB updates for my G3X and GTN 750. When I got to my GTN, I discovered that my subscription had expired.

I have been using the $299 Nav Data subscription on the GTN. I decided to check the other bundles before I purchased an new annual subscription.

Even though I still have a few updates left on my G3X subscription (the $149 N America DB bundle), I tried to verify the pricing on that bundle while I was looking. I was not able to find the $149 G3X North America DB bundle on the Garmin website. Does it still exist?

It looks like Garmin now has a combined bundle for G3X and GTN - the cheapest option for US only is $748.

I don't want to buy a $299 GTN bundle if I can't get the $149 G3X bundle when the G3X subscription expires.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Hello Rick,

You are currently using the annual U.S. Database Bundle for your G3X Touch system, which expires in Dec., and it continues to be available today for $149.95.

You are currently using the annual U.S. Navigation Database for the GTN, which expired this month. It is still available for $299.00 if you want to renew.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.

Last edited by g3xpert : 06-22-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:56 AM

So FlyGarmin isn't the most user friendly site when it comes to depicting database prices as there's 2 ways to enter it and you don't get exactly the same results.

The best way IMO is to select the "Devices" tab which should bring up a page with your aircraft and registered devices vs the "Aviation Database and Bundle Pricing" link on the home Page. To the right of your aircraft should be a hyperlink to "Buy Databases". Clicking on that will lead you through a series of options where you select the region, followed by charts and nav data preferences. Once all of those are selected, a pricing page comes up. From there you can select Bundles (default), Annual, or Individual. If you select "Annual", it will list some but not all of each database type with a "Show All Options" link at the bottom of each list. Click on that and you should see the databases you are looking for.

I hope this helps but it can be confusing. I have gone with a bundle which might is more expensive (from the standpoint that not every database really needs updating every cycle but I'm paying for all of the databases whether it's needed or not) but it makes the updating process easier since I fly IFR most of the time.
WAR EAGLE!

Last edited by Auburntsts : 06-22-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:03 PM

Default G3X bundle

Steve, thanks for the quick reply. I feel more comfortable purchasing the GTN update now.

Whats odd is that I can find the $149 bundle if I start at the flyGarmin page, then click on the "Database and Bundle Pricing" on the right side of the screen. (There is no link to purchase from that pricing page.)

However, if I click through to my aircraft, select G3X Touch under Devices and click on the "Buy Databases" box, that bundle does not appear. The only bundles I see are combined G3X/GTN bundles.
RV-12 (ELSA, Dual G3X), SOLD
Highland Village,TX