What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Molex type?

larrys

Well Known Member
We are building an RV14 and would anyone know the series or type of Molex connectors to order that would match Van's kits?
And where can they be bought?
Thanks, Larry

We are building an RV14 and would anyone know the series or type of Molex connectors to order that would match Van's kits?
And where can they be bought?
Thanks, Larry

Since Steinair makes many of the Van?s harnesses for the RV-14A, I would start there. Great folks to work with. :)

Molex

There are more types of Molex connectors out there than Carter has pills.
Some are not made any more or are very hard to get such those on older avionics units.

The best way to ask this question is to ask for the connectors for a specific unit, i.e., "old school" Whelen strobe systems.

Or call the manufacturers for part numbers. Then order the connectors or pins from Mouser. Mouser has an extremely good online catalog or you can get one from them. The prices are a fraction of what you would pay from some resellers like SkyGeeks.

Went through the same thing. Finally found what I was looking for. Probably took me longer to find the right Molex (Vans sent the wrong one) than it did to build the new harness.

You might post which Molex you're looking for or where they go. Somebody here will know.

Back