What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-14 Airborne

JTJones

Well Known Member
While this is my first post on VAF I have spent countless hours - as we all do - reading, learning, pondering and hoping to some day see our aircraft fly. Thanks to all of you who take the time to pass on your experience. And a huge thank you to the Reeves family to making VAF available to us all.

I have the utmost respect for those of you who have completed builds in a garage, workshop, living room or wherever works. Congrats to all of you. I live in Hawaii and having an airplane here is pretty much futile due to inhospitable airport managers, crazy winds and salty air. So my airplane will stay in what we call ?The Mainland.? It didn?t make sense to build in the corrosive environment in which I live, only to have to pay big bucks to ship it East. For that reason I decided to build my aircraft at Synergy Air in Eugene Oregon. Their hangar, their tools and their expertise made my build much less gut wrenching than it may have been for many of you at-home builders. Again, kudos to you all!

Since embarking on this journey I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with all the vendors that help make completion of our project possible and I thank all of them for their professionalism and dedication towards us.

So, introducing RV-14 N588TJ:

IMG_6878.jpg

Build Assistance by Synergy Air
Panel and Garmin Avionics/Vertical Power by Stein Air
Antennas by Delta Pop
Superior XP-400 Power Plant by Rhonda & Allan Barrett, Barrett Performance Engines
Exhaust by Vetterman
Spinner by Cummins Spinners
Stick Grips by Tosten Manufacturing
Throttle & Mixture Cables by McFarlane Aviation
Rudder Pedal Extensions by MLSkunkworks
Fuel Caps & Cabin Vents by Aerosport Products
Wheel Bearing Mod by Antisplat
Throttle & Mixture Bracket by Showplanes
Paint design assistance by Jonathan McCormick and PLANE SCHEMER
Paint by John Stahr
Interior by Luke, Jeremiah and the gang at Classic Aero Designs
Brake, fuel & oil lines by Tom Swearengen & TS Flightlines
Miscellaneous Tools & Accessories from Cleveland Tools
FlyboyAccessories
Landing & Taxi Lights by Baja Designs
Nav/Position Lights by Whelen

First engine run and first flight took place on July 10. There were no major systems issues and she flew perfectly!

As we begin plying the US skies we look forward to rubbing elbows with the VAF.

...and I hope the picture is visible!?

Very nice!!

In the process and looking forward to having one as nice as yours, congrats,
Larry

Congrats!!!!

....and welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll have a blast with the new toy, and please keep us in the loop with your adventures <g>.

v/r,dr

Congratulations Jeff. You will never be able to forget my birthday now and no more excuses for forgetting presents! Beautiful plane! Congrats!

Rob Kelly

Congrats,

I had the pleasure of Seeing this Gorgeous rv14 on July 2nd when I was at Synergy.. Stunning plane.. Loved the custom Anodizing you did. The only thing I was wondering about was the Electronic Device down on the Center console below the Throttle..

Congrats Jeff!

I know you worked hard to build that beautiful airplane. Commuting from Hawaii to Eugene was above and beyond! Hope you have many hours of safe and enjoyable flying.

I enjoyed meeting you and working next to you during our time at Synergy.

Hope to see you again and get a ride in your plane one day.

Back