- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-6/6A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2020, 07:55 AM

Charlie,

You are correct. The two 3/8" lines are fuel supply and return to the tanks, going out the side wall.

The smaller line is the brake line and it travels down the center tunnel, across the front of the spar, and then out the bottom. It is nestled into the corner of the gear leg support and the side wall longeron. It is tight to install but you only have to do it once. Did it this way to minimize the size of the leg fairing on the outside.

PM me and we can set up a call if you want to discuss in more detail.

Paul
In paint shop
My Builders Website
Victoria, TX
Old 02-16-2020, 11:40 PM

Default thank you

I appreciate the comments and pics.

I have decided to exit the side between the wing and fuse. While it seems that exiting the bottom through the gear weldment would be the "best" way to minimize the bump or mod of the gear leg faring, it means that this will have to wait until final assembly at the airport and I want to get on it while the kit is still at home. If there is room for the fuel supply and vent in this area, then the brake line should fit, al be it, I want to avoid being in too close the the fuel lines.

I still would appreciate pics of anyone who exited the side of the the fuse above the gear leg weldment with the line routed down the back side of the gear leg. I have this visualized in my head, but real-world-been-there-done-that is always better.

Thanks.

Charlie
2020 Dues paid