What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carb Temp Gauge Markings

kai

We recently installed a G3X Touch in our RV-9A and also installed the Carb Temp Sensor in our O-320.
What temp values did you use for setting up markings and warnings?

Thanks for your input!

I do not know but let me know if it actually works and predicts carb ice when you have it calibrated

Just saw this post as I am about to set my carb sensor settings as well. My thought is that the sensor is in the throat of the carburetor and therefore, we want to know when the temperature there gets to 0 deg C (32 F) because that is when water freezes. Therefore, I will make my sensor turn yellow at 42 Deg F (10 degrees of warning) and red at 32. We'll see how this works. I have an O-320 as well.

And the Cessna 162 carb temp gauge is marked with a yellow caution range from 5? to 40?F... That's -15? to +4?C.

Just saw this post as I am about to set my carb sensor settings as well. My thought is that the sensor is in the throat of the carburetor and therefore, we want to know when the temperature there gets to 0 deg C (32 F) because that is when water freezes. Therefore, I will make my sensor turn yellow at 42 Deg F (10 degrees of warning) and red at 32. We'll see how this works. I have an O-320 as well.

FWIW, and using your same thought process, I set mine for YELLOW at 40F and RED at 33F.

:cool:

Back