What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dallas area FBO

N624EJ

i am flying into Dallas one evening next month and need to know what field and FBO do you guys recommend that will be the cheapest, best for transportation for a few hours, and treats single engine GA guys as well as they would a jet. Love field is near where i am going, but didnt know if it would be too hectic or if they would treat me right being a little guy.

Thanks!

Any FBO at Love Field will treat you like a king......but you'll pay for it! Might consider Dallas Executive if you wanna save a few bucks. If you're set on Love Field, definitely choose Business Jet Center for the best service.

Agree with Jeff on Executive, I would recommend Jet Center of Dallas, RV friendly folks and they may be able to tuck you in one of their hangers. KRBD

I've flown over/around Love many times but got no desire to mix it up with a bunch of 737's ;)

Dallas Executive, excellent airport.
Love = $ cha ching!
I have been to both many times and I now stay away from Love.

Where are you going? It matters a lot if you're only there for a few hours.

As others have said, DAL is $$$ but good service. Same is true for ADS, lots of good food near there too.

RBD is cheaper, still good service, but south of downtown.

TODR

I've flown over/around Love many times but got no desire to mix it up with a bunch of 737's ;)
You get all kinds of approach speeds at DAL and ADS. I try and play well with others and the controllers are used to our slow speeds (45-50kt over the fence) and always sequence us well. My favorite controller even scolded a BE56 driver who didn't want to slow down - she told them to reduce speed, telling them they had a 50kt overtake on me (I was already 115kt on a long final, almost in the yellow). When they objected to slowing, she told them to be ready for a go-around. Never heard anything else from them :)

So don't fear the traffic at DAL or ADS. The controllers don't want you to crash - too much paperwork!

TODR

Back