What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Extension for Andair valve + Aero310 panel?

sritchie

Well Known Member
Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out which extension to get for my Andair duplex fuel valve (FS20-20-D2-6M).

From research on the forums it looks like the 6" extension will be long enough. The open question is, do I get a universal joint?

Here's what's got me confused: I'm buying the Quad arm rest from Aerosport, and it looks like the portion that covers the tunnel and fuel valve isn't flush with the tunnel top. See here: http://www.aerosportproducts.com/QuadArmrest.htm

And here for a picture of Rob Hickman's plane: http://www.aerosportproducts.com/310panel.htm

Does anyone know what's going on here? Either

- Rob's mounted the fuel valve directly to the quad arm rest carbon fiber and drilled a small hole in the tunnel cover for the extension tube, or
- the carbon actually IS flush and will sit nicely over top of the fuel valve when it's mounted to the tunnel cover.

If the first is correct, then it looks like a universal joint is the way to go.

What do y'all think?

I do not have the universal joint, I mounted the fuel valve inline with the center console and then cut the fuel valve extension to fit.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

You do not need the universal joint. Only the 6" extension kit.
The valve handle mounts to the carbon armrest console and is parallel
with the tunnel cover. You mount the main valve in the stock location.
Call me at Aerosport if you have further questions.

You do not need the universal joint. Only the 6" extension kit.
The valve handle mounts to the carbon armrest console and is parallel
with the tunnel cover. You mount the main valve in the stock location.
Call me at Aerosport if you have further questions.

Thanks Geoff! So it sounds like the hole in the tunnel cover only needs to be big enough to allow for the extension, plus some extra so that the back of the mounting plate can fit in, yeah?

One thing to remember is that the bottom of the center arm rest console is even with the bottom of the tunnel cover. The area where the valve handle mounts is about 2 inches above the tunnel cover

Last edited:
Here you go. These are with the Andair 6" extension, and the valve mounted roughly in the stock location. I'm using the Aerosport quadrant center console.

FuVCUoUl.jpg

g3YDYXil.jpg

zOJPOFgl.jpg

wH6HKtQl.jpg

XCHBLQjl.jpg

5uPqL9ml.jpg

Back