What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MA3-SPA Mounting Base Dimensions

UH1CW2

Well Known Member
I need an MA3-SPA carb mounting base for the throat diameter and the bolt hole pattern dimensions. Anyone have this information or have a broken or unserviceable MA3 they wouldn't mind parting with? It is needed to fabricate a Manifold air pressure sampler plate between the carb and sump.

I have a blank-off plate at the hangar, which would give you the bolt hole dimensions. Would that help? Oh wait, I have a carb-sump gasket out there, too. I'll measure it today and get back to you later on.

OK, I retrieved the gasket for mounting an MA-3 to the oil sump, and took the dimensions with my calipers. I drew it up in AutoCAD and exported a .pdf but I see I'm not allowed to post attachments here. So I stored the .pdf at Dropbox. Here's the link. You can download it by changing the last number in this link from zero to one. I hope this helps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0ifns8gakplojn/ma3 gasket.pdf?dl=0

THANKS

That was great. Thank you for taking the time to get those measurements. The drawing was outstanding. Again, thank you!

Back